My first job was a shampoo girl at a local beauty shop.
Since then, my career has sharpened a bit, but a lot of what I learned back at Mary Sue's Hair Design is still true today. It's about making lasting connections, listening with an open mind, don't mess it up (or get water down their shirt) and always stay busy.
The most recent iteration of my career has been two-pronged: working at a global marketing agency helping Fortune top brands with communication, integrated marketing efforts as well as founding, running and recently selling a startup called MUMZY.
As a result of these experiences, I bring a unique approach when working on clients' business. I'm grounded in strategy with creative components and can support major CPGs in the same ability of helping early-stage companies. At the end of the day, it's about solving problems and that has been a driving force throughout my entire life.
Let my experiences & expertise work for you
From television to government to marketing, my career has offered a wide array of experiences that have laddered up to strategic expertise. I was an English major with a focus on creative writing and early 20th Century Irish poetry. I know. But so much of that has carried through the ways I work and how I think. I never approach a problem from a singular dimension, but rather, explore all sides, components and considerations which help create more impactful solutions. My most recent career focus has been on global marketing and within the startup space. Two sides of the coins but important sides that lend value to many industries and capacities.
- 2015-2016, Senior Vice President, Consumer Practice Lead, MSLGROUP
- 2013-2016, Founder & CEO, MUMZY
- 2012-2015, Vice President, Olson Engage
- 2010-2012, Senior Digital Strategist, Ketchum
- 2006-2010 Global Comms Manager, Morton’s Restaurant Group
- 2005-2006, Event producer, Antiques Roadshow television show
- 2003-2005, District office manager, IL State Senator Carol Ronen
B.A. English, Creative Writing
- 1871 Chicago: Why More Women must Climb the Career Ladder
- Skidmore College Women in Business Keynote Speaker
- Social Media Week panelist
- Food Marketing Summit panelist
- Mom Con speaker
- Built In Chicago: Top Startup of Chicago (MUMZY)
- Babson Entrepreneur in Residence
- Cannes Lions
- Effie Awards
- Adage Editor’s Pick Award
- 1871 Chicago WiSTEM incubator
- Shorty Award
Industries and specialties
- Food & Beverage
- Startups & Technology
- Mom-Consumer Brands
- Medicinal Cannabis
- Restaurant & Hospitality
- Alcohol & Spirits
- Retail & E-commerce
Passions & Volunteer
Supporting mothers, women growing their careers and early-childhood advocacy are central areas of volunteerism and passion.
Haven’t you always wanted to pick the brain of a beauty shop shampoo girl? There’s a lot kicking around in there. Let’s chat and see what is keeping you up at night and how I can help